Amazing Crispy Garlic Prawn Recipe
If you’ve been to Vegas, you might have heard of the popular Thai restaurant, Lotus of Siam. There’s always long lines at the place and everyone who goes there will want to order their amazing crispy garlic prawn dish.
I’ve tried that dish and it was amazing! It was so good that I wanted to replicate at home. The crispy garlic prawn recipe I’m sharing with you today is an adaptation of that dish.
It’s not 100%, but I guarantee that it is really good and is perfect for any occasion.
Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
You can also watch the video for detailed steps on the Crispy Garlic Prawn Recipe below:
Ingredients - Vietnamese Crispy Skin Catfish Recipe
- 1 lb (450 g) tiger shrimp
- 3 tbsp (42.5 g) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (14 g) crushed garlic
- 1 egg
- corn starch
- 1/2 tsp (2.3 g) chicken powder
- cooking oil
- 2 tbsp (25 g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.3 g) crushed whole pepper
- Wash shrimps thoroughly with salt and water
- Make a cut along the back of the shrimps.
- De-vein shrimps but keep the shell on
- In a big bowl, add shrimps chicken powder, and 1 egg (whisked). Mix well and let sit for 15 mins.
Add the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
1. After 15 mins, add a handful of corn starch (or enough to cover the shrimps) and mix well.
2. Add more starch if needed (enough to create a light coat of flour on the shrimps.
3. In a pan, add enough oil to cover the shrimp. Use medium low heat.
4. Add shrimps and cook for 1 min or until it turns lightly crispy golden.
5. After all the shrimps are fried, remove the clumps from the oil.
6. Increase heat to medium high and re-fry them for 10-15 secs (double frying will make the shrimps for crispy)
7. In a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp cooking oil, the crushed garlic, and butter.
8. When the garlic turns slightly golden, transfer half of them to a small bowl and turn off the heat.
9. Add the sauce to the pan and turn on heat at low level.
10. Adjust the sauce to your liking.
11. Turn heat to medium and add the fried shrimps.
12. Stir and shake well.
13. Transfer shrimps to a plate.
14. Sprinkle on the sauteed garlic we’d removed earlier.
15. Top with some chopped cilantro and chilies (optional) .
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Thank you for reading and let me know if you have any question.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please check out my other recipes here: