Beef Chow Fun Recipe
Beef Chow Fun is one of my most favorite dish. It’s a highly popular Chinese dish that also has a comparable Thai version call Pad See Ew, which is just as popular.
This is a flat noodle dish that relies on careful handling of the beef and vegetables to ensure a desirable result. When making following this recipe, you’ll also learn my secret sauce recipe that further enhances the flavor of this dish.
I hope that you’re just as excited as I am to get started on this one.
You can also watch the video for details on Grilled Pork Skewers Recipe below:
Ingredients - Beef Chow Fun Recipe
- 1 lb (454 g) filet mignon (sliced)
- 1 pack fresh rice noodles (2 lbs / 1.8 kg)
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) garlic powder
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 lb ( 454 g) gai lan (cut 2 inches pieces)
- 1 bunch green onion (cut into pieces)
- 1 lb (454 g) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup (68 g) Sugar
- 1 tsp (2 g) Black Pepper
Special Sauce (Can be kept for 1 month if refrigerated)
1. In a large microwavable bowl, add all the ingredients (listed above). Mix.
2. Place the bowl in a microwave and heat for 1 minute.
3. Take out of the microwave and mix well.
1. In a big bowl, mix the sliced beef with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the special sauce, 1/2 tsp (1 g) of garlic powder, and a pinch of pepper. You can substitute the garlic powder with 1 clove of garlic if desired.
2. Marinate the meat for 30 minutes (you can also let it sit in the fridge overnight).
3. Before grilling, brush the rack with some oil to prevent the meat from sticking to it.
4. Prepare the veggies listed above.
1. Prepare a big pan with oil and heat to 375 F (190 C).
2. Fry beef for 25-30 seconds. Set aside in a plate when done.
3. In a different pan, saute a small portion of onion until light brown and add 1/3 pack of the rice noodle. Do not stir the noodle too much. It’ll break the noodles. Use a spatula to flip them from time to time.
NOTE: It’s key not to do an entire batch at once. We must divide them into small portions to prevent a watery result.
4. Once the noodle is lightly brown, add the marinated beef with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the special sauce and shake the pan up quickly to mix them.
5. Now add the Gai Lan and bean sprouts and mix them up with another 1 tbsp (15 ml) of special sauce.
6. After a few seconds, add green onions, and mix for another few seconds.
7. That’s it. Now you can plate it and repeat the steps above for each batch.
And that’s it! I hope you enjoyed this recipe and had an amazing meal.
Thank you for reading and let me know if you have any question.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please check out my other recipes here: