Boiling Crab’s Whole Shabang Crawfish Recipe
We are in the midst of the crawfish season!
And what’s a better way to embrace the upcoming sunny weather than to enjoy a hot, steamy pot of juicy crawfish with your family and friends in the backyard??
If you don’t already know, crawfish is one of my favorite food ever! And in my opinion, Boiling Crab’s Whole Shabang Crawfish Recipe is the best way to make them. I’m so addicted to this dish; I could eat it every single day!
Since we are in season, fresh crawfish are abundant and they are jumbo in sizes too. So don’t miss out!
Today, I’m going to show you step by step on how to make this popular recipe. If you haven’t tried this before, please give it a chance. I’m certain that you’ll love it. Furthermore, if you make this for family or friends gathering, I can guarantee it’ll make you a star!
You can also watch the video for details on Crawfish Whole Shabang Recipe below:
Ingredients - Boiling Crab's Whole Shabang Crawfish
- 6 lbs (2.7 kg) Crawfish
- 1/3 Liquid Crab Boil Bottle (1 bottle is 2.7 fl oz / 80 ml)
- 1 Bag [3 oz / 85 g] Zatarain's Crab Boil (you can use a different brand)
- 8 oz (225 g) Crawfish Boil Mix
- 1 qt (0.95 l) Pineapple Orange Juice (I bought a carton that has this mixed, but you can substitute with orange juice)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 lb (454 g) Mini Potatoes
- 8 pieces Corn on Cob (add more if you like)
- 5 Sausages (add more if you like)
- 1 Garlic (add more if you like)
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 lb (227 g) Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 tbsp (22 ml) Salt
Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 3 Garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1/2 lb (227 g) Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of each:
- Old Bay
- Cajun Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
Mayo Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Crawfish Boil Mix
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp (44 ml) Mayonnaise
Where to Buy?
You can find these ingredients in most grocery stores. However, if for any reason you can't find them, you can also purchase them using the following affiliate links:
Garlic Butter Sauce
1. In a large pan, melt the butter.
2. Add the minced garlic once the butter has melted. Cook for 5 minutes on low medium heat ( level 3 on a scale of 9).
3. Add all the spices and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of sugar. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
NOTE: The sauce is supposed to be slightly sweet (not salty). Adjust to your liking.
1. Thoroughly clean the crawfish under running water to ensure all the dirt/mud are removed.
2. In a large pot (16 qt/ 15 l), fill 1/3 water.
3. Take the lemon and squeeze in the juice. Save the lemon.
4. Add butter, pineapple orange juice, sausage, Crawfish Boil Mix, Liquid Crab Boil, Zatarain's Crab Boil, garlic, onion, and potatoes. Boil for 5 minutes.
5. After boiling the spices for 5 minutes, add the crawfish.
6. Add 1.5 tbsp (22 ml) salt. If you can handle extra spiciness, use the Crawfish Boil Mix instead of the salt.
7. Boil for another 5 minutes and turn the heat off.
8. At this time, add in the lemon (we used to squeeze the juice earlier) and the corns.
9. Now, we cover the pot with a lid and let it soak for 15 minutes.
10. After soaking, we can remove a portion of the crawfish and put them in a large bowl (don’t put all the crawfish at once). Add generous amount of the garlic butter sauce and shake the bowl up so it’s evenly mixed in.
- Add all the ingredients listed together in a small bowl. Mix Well.
And that’s it! Was quite simple right?
Now we have an amazing pot of flavorful and juicy crawfish to enjoy with our friends and family.
I hope you had a blast making this recipe with me. Let me know how it turned out for you!
As always, don’t hesistate to let me know if you have any question or feedback.
Always keep that cooking passion strong!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please check out my other recipes here: