Spring Rolls Recipe
Spring Rolls is an iconic Vietnamese dish, well known for its simple, yet tasty and healthy, qualities. It was voted as one of the top 50 most delicious dish in the world. It can be eaten as an appetizer or a full meal for weight watchers.
To me, I love seeing the contrast between the greens and colorful shrimp wrapped together into a delicious roll, which is further enhanced by the rich and flavorful peanut sauce.
Let’s make them now!
You can also watch the video for details on Spring Rolls Recipe below:
Ingredients - Spring Rolls Recipe
- 33.5 oz (950 g) tiger shrimps
- 1 package (12 oz / 340g) rice paper
- roasted peanut
- greens - cucumbers (cut into long pieces), chives, lettuce (chopped), mints
- 1 roll vermicelli (a package usually contains 2 rolls)
- 2 cups (473 ml) Hoisin sauce
- 2 cups (473 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) peanut butter
- 2 tsp (5.2 g) corn starch or potato starch
Coal or Gas Grill
The one I'm using is a portable gas grill. It is very convenient for picnics and I've used it quite often. In this instance, I've converted it to use coal, but you can use it as is.
If you're interested, you can purchase it through this Amazon Affiliate link:
Preparing the shrimps
1. De-vein the shrimps, add 1 tbsp salt, and wash thoroughly.
2. In a pan or pot, heat water. Add shrimps once it starts to boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and soak for 3 minutes.
4. Rinse with cold water and let the water drain.
5. Peel the shells and slice the shrimps in halves.
1. In a pot, add enough water to cover the entire vermicelli batch.
2. Once it starts boiling, add the vermicelli, cover with lid, and cook on medium for 2 minutes.
3. After 2 minutes, turn off heat and stir well. Then cover and let the vermicelli soak for 6-7 minutes.
4. Test the make sure the noodle is cooked and soft. If not, soak it a bit longer.
5. Rinse well with cold water and let air dry or microwave for 45 seconds.
1. In a pot, add Hoisin sauce, water, peanut butter, corn starch.
2. On low heat, stir until it starts to boil and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
3. Optional: Roast peanuts and crush for topping.
4. Optional: Picked radish and carrots for topping
1. Take a rice paper and dip into warm water (ensure both sides are thoroughly soaked).
2. Place the paper on a flat surface, add a bit of each of the greens, vermicelli, and 3 or more pieces of the shrimps.
3. Fold the bottom edge up first and then the left and right sides over.
4. Roll it bottom up into a cylinder roll.
5. Repeat with the remaining rice papers.
That was very simple right?
I hope you like this recipe! Thank you for reading and let me know if you have any question.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please check out my other recipes here: